Monday, March 3, 2014

Coming soon for Lent....

Just a reminder that my Lenten series on the seven penitential psalms will start this Wednesday.  You can find the text of the psalms - Psalms 6, 31, 37, 50, 101, 129 and 142  - here.

On Ash Wednesday I will do a general introduction to the series.

Then each day of the penitential days of Lent (that is up until the start of the Triduum) I'll post some notes to assist you in praying and meditating on these beautiful psalms.

I won't be posting on Sundays (since they are not included in the days we are obliged to do penance) or on the four solemnities (that is, the feasts of St Joseph, St Patrick, St Benedict and the Annunciation) that occur during this season for the same reason.

In the case of some of the psalms that I've previously posted in depth notes for, I'll pass over very quickly; in the case of the other two psalms used in the day hours of the Benedictine Office, Psalms 50 and 142, I'll provide notes on all of the verses of the psalm.  The rest of the psalms will get a selective treatment focusing on key verses.

I do hope you will join me in praying these psalms this Lent.

No comments:

Post a Comment